Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IowaGnome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that all of those things need people to build them and work on upkeep? That creates jobs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklan wrote:
Just a few questions to further understand the issue as an entire thing:

- Are any of these states affected by the massive layoffs?
- Are any of these states affected by huge decreases in tax income due to layoffs or bank closures?
- Are there states benefiting from these states?

If you don't know what I'm getting at; is it possible these states mentioned are being majorly influenced by the economic downturn, and are turning their backs on other states / people in need? To some degree there's that feeling of self preservation, but if these states simply are trying to avoid major deficit and unemployment, they are pretty much giving people from other states a big "F U" that may need the help.

Anyways, thats my thoughts on it. And as I said, I do not know what states are hit hardest by the foreclosures, layoffs, etc.

The states are pissed that they are losing power to the federal government. They also feel threatened by the potential of martial law and gun confiscation. The Patriot Act, PDD51(Which states the president can declare martial law for any reason he sees fit), the end of Posse Comitatus(a law that states Troops can NOT patrol our streets), the FISA bill(Government wiretaps without a warrant), are all things that take away freedoms from the American people.

A big part of the states complaints also have to deal with the real ID act which states every individual in the country must carry the same national id card that has a microchip inside that can be tracked and in fact hacked.

The financial system is the way it for many reasons. One is that the federal trade commission which IS NOT a federal entity was created illegally and continues to operate today. The FTC created these artificial financial crisis'. Two is we got away from the gold standard in the 1970's and this allows for a fiat currency which eventually the world can only lose confidence in.

The states have also seen the writing on the wall with the Securities and Prosperity Partnership which is nothing more than a North American Union(Mexico, US, Canada) which was signed into law by president bush in 2004.

Globalism is pushing State and even countries sovereignty to the side for a global community that will only further big business and big government which in the end hurts the little guy.

The federal government is out of control and led by the elite families of the world. They want to form a one world government where you pay you carbon taxes to them.

here is an article on carbon taxes:
http://www.infowars.com/obamas-energy-secretary-get-ready-for-carbon-taxes/
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing here.

Last edited by Mandaar on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Teklan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of the issue is thinking Obama controls 100% of government, which, in reality, he controls a mere 33%. Balance of power was made on purpose. Obama didn't write this bill himself - he influenced it, told the senate and house to write it up and contribute, but with a bill SO LARGE it makes it hard to veto it and get his desired changes. The fact of the matter is, like you and I disagree, there will be people in the senate and house that do not want 100% of what Obama wants, and will lobby for "pork" or really dumb things that Righteous listed, such as tax credits omg! In all seriousness though, I don't think any president would make you happy if he were faced with the same bill.

The only alternative solution is to let more people lose their jobs, have the government turn their backs on them, and let the global economy fall even further due to the US falling further. (And how do you think that would work for foreign diplomacy, especially against "terrorist" countries?).

I do have to add a question though, as I don't hear the words said during these things but read about them afterwards. Was this bill supposed to be stimulus only? Or is it *supposed* to be a combination of stimulus + public works and other things?
Righteous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklan wrote:

Was this bill supposed to be stimulus only? Or is it *supposed* to be a combination of stimulus + public works and other things?

That's an excellent question.

We might get a substantive answer if THE CONGRESS OR PUBLIC WAS GIVEN A CHANCE TO READ IT BEFORE IT WAS VOTED ON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnwOjDjnH4

Absolutely mind boggling that this will likely pass without being read.

"Change you can believe in."

Righteous

MAGELO

Appotus Dominus
Xorne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys miss the point of the "bailouts". It has nothing to do with spending money here or there and how much. That is just an excuse they use to sucker you into beliving that's what they are doing but in reality the only purpose of the bailouts is to give more powers to the bankers. They bury the important stuff in the stack of pages knowing congress or the senate won't have time to read it throughly and find the little nugget inside. For example in the first bailouts they gave the federal reserve (private company) total power over the money supply and immunity regarding audit or any form of questioning. (They don't have to tell you what they are doing with those trillions)
dnief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xorne wrote:
You guys miss the point of the "bailouts". It has nothing to do with spending money here or there and how much. That is just an excuse they use to sucker you into beliving that's what they are doing but in reality the only purpose of the bailouts is to give more powers to the bankers. They bury the important stuff in the stack of pages knowing congress or the senate won't have time to read it throughly and find the little nugget inside. For example in the first bailouts they gave the federal reserve (private company) total power over the money supply and immunity regarding audit or any form of questioning. (They don't have to tell you what they are doing with those trillions)

This statement is correct. Who knows what's in those 1400 pages? No one has read it yet but the writers.
Teklan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righteous wrote:
Teklan wrote:

Was this bill supposed to be stimulus only? Or is it *supposed* to be a combination of stimulus + public works and other things?

That's an excellent question.

We might get a substantive answer if THE CONGRESS OR PUBLIC WAS GIVEN A CHANCE TO READ IT BEFORE IT WAS VOTED ON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnwOjDjnH4

Absolutely mind boggling that this will likely pass without being read.

"Change you can believe in."

Righteous

Haha I tuned in to this around the time another guy moved the papers so someone didn't get hurt. I fell asleep though cause my roommate decided it was a good time to vacuum so I couldn't hear ><. I think he's in on this conspiracy dnief.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: scary Reply with quote

It's fucking scary stuff
Drauger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Yes it is Reply with quote

Yes this is scary stuff and we might not ever really find out were most of the money will end up.
dnief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Itse on Glenn Beck Reply with quote

Glenn Beck actually covered the states movement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjLXfsDyFw
IoneMonk
no YOU shut up!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The so-called “state’s rights” or state sovereignty movement traces its lineage back to the Articles of Confederation, and presents a fundamental paradox of federalism which, obviously enough, was discussed at length in the Federalist Papers, as well as a long line of U.S. Supreme Court cases discussing the Tenth Amended (most recently, the “unfunded federal mandate” cases). In the end, in order for any federate of political subdivisions to remain so, some form of the Supremacy Clause is absolutely necessary. SCOTUS cases discussing the Tenth Amended rarely, if ever, have had to tread this territory, since the presumption is so fundamental.

With this in mind, I cannot speak to all of the proposed “state sovereignty” legislation to which Dnief refers. Beyond the point that it is unnecessary to reclaim rights which either exist or do not, the legislation which I’m familiar with is addressed to specific hot button issues such as gun rights or abortion. For example, the Missouri proposed bill, HB 424 (previously 412), although making a broad declaration of sovereignty, was aimed squarely at (and was written for the sole purpose of) protesting any version of a possible federal “Freedom of Choice” act, i.e., the bill was intended to “preserve” Missouri’s ability to restrict abortion rights. That bill is not scheduled for hearing and appears DOA.

http://www.house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills091/bills/hr212.htm

Likewise, similar legislation in other states seems preoccupied with preserving Second Amendment rights—something that even the NRA should rest easier about in the wake of
District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. ___ (2008) (actually, the first SCOTUS case since the early 20th century to address the Second Amendment, and the first to find the Amendment extends to an individual’s rights to bear arms). At least for the foregoing states, I see no broader ideological agenda and, certainly, no practical one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ the left vs right bickering. This is the mental prison that you are supposed to be stuck in. Arguing with each other while the bankers loot the country. Both parties are essentially the same. There is no left or right. It is a controlled paradigm.

Quote:
The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. -- (1910-1977) Professor of History at Georgetown University, member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton

Quote:
The history of the last century shows, as we shall see later, that the advice given to governments by bankers, like the advice they gave to industrialists, was consistently good for bankers, but was often disastrous for governments, businessmen, and the people generally. -- (1910-1977) Professor of History at Georgetown University, member of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), mentor to Bill Clinton

dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the future, once you see the post starts with a link to WorldNetDaily you can pretty much toss it in the trash. Do a little research on that website and the man who runs it. He is the same guy who had his employees alter his wikipedia page and lied about it on Fox. The man is completely unreliable.

Paranoid nutjobs make horrible sources, don't they Dnief?

Medding.
dnief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with quoting places like CNN is that they slant it in the favor of the administration.

Take this article for example:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/06/states.fed/index.html

What the article fails to mention is that the sovereignty movement is bipartisan. Mainstream media tries to slant slant things left or right. Left vs. right is for simple minds that can't see beyond it. In addition, the article completely leaves out several reasons that the states are moving for sovereignty. Gun Control, martial law, and the North American Union are all things addressed in several of the sovereignty bills that have been drafted.

Last edited by dnief on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was about the insane paranoia of your sources, Dnief. That is the same point I made countless times when you talked about your many paranoid delusions.

WorldNetDaily is the site that says things like "President Bush is not to blame for the rampant immorality of blacks."

I tend to find crazy paranoid racists poor sources. Don't you?

Medding.
dnief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find attacking the source immature. Were talking about serious things here. If you can't get your head around them then I can't help you. I may not change the world but I sure as hell can wake up the person who does.
dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You find attacking paranoid racist douchebags for being paranoid racist douchebags immature? Now you are just lying. I understand that you want a way to respond to what I have said, but this is an utterly ridiculous way to do it. In fact I will go so far as to say that you are being a fucking dipshit. I suggest you stop being a dipshit. Life is better that way.

Do you read that website regularly? Their paranoia and racism is readily apparent to me and I only see that site when it comes up on Stumbleupon. I notice you don't deny they are racist. That is interesting, isn't it? Would you like to take a stand against their racism? It wouldn't cost you a thing to simply say that WorldNetDaily says racist things, would it?

You don't wake anyone up at all Dnief. You just blather about how 9/11 was an inside job, no matter how easily I refuted the crap that you brought to the table. Was it you that believed in the face on Mars?

You are a paranoid nutjob who relies on paranoid nutjob sources, Dnief. I am very glad to not be associated with people like you anymore.

Medding.
Xorne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunnodoncare wrote:
In fact I will go so far as to say that you are being a fucking dipshit. I suggest you stop being a dipshit. Life is better that way.

Dnief is trying to make people question their nice little cozy reality bubble they live in because he knows something is not right out there. And then you insult him for trying to help people. The image that pop into my head is Dnief yelling at a woman on the second floor of her house that she needs to grab the kids and come out because there is a fire in the kitchen. You on the other hand is yelling at her to stand down that there is no fire, this guy is mentally ill and that he's crazy. Just because the kitchen is in the back of the house and you can't see it or the fire from your vantage point doesn't mean it doesn't exist; It just mean you can't see it. Now even if there is no fire it doesn't change the fact that Dnief is trying to help someone that he thinks is in danger. Does it hurt for that person to just go check for him/her self if there is really a fire in the kitchen? I don't think so and you trying to bash him down with insults for doing so is quite pathetic.

Thank you, have a nice day
Stryffe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I missed something but how is what you quoted immoral or racist?

Quote:
"President Bush is not to blame for the rampant immorality of blacks."

heh I'm pretty sure they are right, Bush was NOT to blame.

Quote:
find attacking the source immature

Not really. Attacking the person repeating the source is. However if the source of the information has in the past been shown to be incorrect or has passed bogus information and has little credibility then attacking that source is infact the right thing for someone to do that is on the other side of the argument.

Quote:
Dnief is trying to make people question their nice little cozy reality bubble they live in because he THINKS he knows something is not right out there.

There ya go fixed it for you. No real or substantiated evidaece means he can't know for sure, he just has an idea.

Lasly, just because someone is a paranoid racist douchebag doesn't mean they aren't right every once in a while. Just like that broken clock, it's right twice a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: